[iBook] Freeing up hard drive space

Miche Doherty miche at beeb.net
Sat May 28 10:26:06 PDT 2005

On 28 May, 2005, at 5:07 pm, R. Hefner wrote:

> Does anyone know an easy way to remove all the excess languages etc.,
> basically anything unnecessary, in order to
> free up a bit of hard drive space?
> If it matters, I'm running 10.3.8.

Monolingual will remove unwanted language support. I had no problems
with it, but see here for user feedback:

On my iBook it freed about 400MB. I had missed the Customize button on
the installer, so I ended up with about a gigabyte of printer drivers I
didn't need. I just trashed them. I also got rid of the Tony Hawk game
and, after playing with it a bit, Garage Band; the app itself didn't
take up much space, but the software instruments and loops, which IIRC
were in /Library/Application Support, did. All those combined left me
with about four gigs of extra space.

Miche.