[iBook] dead display

Wegener Media sales at wegenermedia.com
Sat Nov 19 08:37:05 PST 2005

We have seen a pretty high number of the 12 & 12" G4 iBooks show the
same (or similiar) issues with video, as did the early G3 iBooks.
Unfortunately, Apple has successfully held off a class-action suit
against the G4's, so this has gone without any warranty coverage to
date.

The symptoms are usually either video issues color streaks,bars,
random lockups when the colors show up, and a few which are not
showing video at all.

The only answer I would have for this would be to make sure the
laptops are not being used in a way which torques/warps the lower
case.  Teachers (and students) often use the laptop on uneven
surfaces, causing the case (and logic board) to warp.  This pressures
the video chip and the processor, and they develop hairline cracks.

hope this helps...

Dave