[iBook] dead LCD? Try dead ibook!

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 10:55:43 PST 2005

Hi,

I need some help with a 500mhz iBook I recently bought from a local
warehouse. It does not power on at all, but it does charge the battery.

The bottom of the laptop and the trackpad are both loose and off the machine.
The mobo appears okay, and like I said it can charge the battery (went from
no LEDs to all four when plugged in) and the amber/green LED around the plug
seems to indicate like it should.

However, when I plug in the power button from the trackpad, and the speaker
plug , I get nothing. No sound, no indication of life, no HD spin-up or
anything. Screen stays black, but I suspect the screen may be broken anyway.

After doing this, however, the plate above the processor gets hot.

Any help is appreciated,

Craig W.