[iBook] oy vey

jF Arotxa jfarotxa at mac.com
Sat Nov 26 12:01:58 PST 2005

I may be wrong, but I guess your friend's "master password" is the
root password. I found these instructions:

http://www.intelliot.com/blog/archives/2005/02/15/mac-os-x-password-
recovery/

to recover a lost or unknown root password. It uses a reboot as a
single user (Cmd-S) at start up.

Hope this helps,

--frank