[iBook] Help with installing OS 9

Robert Eye ra_eye at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 18 11:29:11 PDT 2005

Is it the OS 9 CD that came with the iBook, a
universal retail OS 9 CD, or an OS 9 CD from another
type of Mac? Sometimes, the OS disks from a different
Mac will not work in another kind of Mac.

If it's a plain OS 9 retail CD, it probably won't
work, as there was a special version of OS 9 for the
firewire graphite iBook.

"3. These computers are supported by the version of
Mac OS included with the computer when it was
purchased; retail copies of Mac OS with the same (or
earlier) version number may not include the system
software components necessary to start up these
models. These computers are also supported by all
subsequent versions of Mac OS."

How have you been trying to boot? (holding down "C"
key after restart, holding down the "control option
shift delete" keys after restart, changing startup
disk to the OS 9 CD in System Preferences - Startup
Disk and restarting)

Regards,

Bob Eye
Dallas, TX