[iBook] Re: A Black iBook

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Tue Sep 20 06:05:15 PDT 2005

> I would attempt paint but have heard that it tends to chip off.
> Early ibooks could have the white stripped off (it was applied on
> the inside to a clear case) and then new paint sprayed on the
> inside.  The 2nd gen ibooks have white plastic so it's either dye
> (so far not real successful) or paint (which chips).

Those peel-off window stickers (usually with a holiday theme) cling
quite well to the iBook plastic.
http://home.alltel.net/kollar/Halloween_iBook.jpg

I've tried to talk my son (who's much more graphically inclined than
me) into drawing some artwork that could be transferred onto cling
film (or whatever that stuff is called) that could be stuck to in
iBook. Bonus points for working the Apple logo into the design: I
suggested a Tolkien-esque scene, with a tree branch in the foreground
that the apple could dangle from.

Unfortunately, I can't get him to move on it. Too bad; I think it
could be a money-maker for him.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."