[iBook] external drive: USB vs. firewire

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 19:49:12 PDT 2005

Excuse me?  USB2 is plenty fast for mass storage.  I'm a long-time
Mac fan, but I've had lots of crashes or problems with my Macs
refusing to recognize a Firewire drive, even if another Mac does so.

HOWEVER...one question I have:  will the drive in a USB 2.0 case be
BOOTABLE in case of an emergency?  I know that Firewire is.

Michael