[iBook] Battery only charges to 94%

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Sun Apr 9 12:17:29 PDT 2006

Ron, if I was still getting 94% after a year, I would think myself
very lucky. Depending on how much you are using your laptop -
plugging into power, running on battery, etc effects how much life
you get out of your battery. I've just had to replace my battery
after 2 years as it would only last for 10-12 minutes, but i abuse
the hang out of my laptop! One thing that is recommended and that is
to ensure the battery is calibrated correctly, when you first get the
laptop, you should charge it right up and then run it completely
down, past the 10 minute warning until it dies. Then plug back in
again and use as normal. Hope this helps