[iBook] Re: iBook disassembly/re-assembly for upgrade/repair

Jack Countryman jcountry at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 2 12:24:38 PDT 2006

I did a similar transplant into a G3/600 14" iBook over the summer...though
I didn't have any difficulty in formatting the drive, since I did that
before hand using an external drive case.  I did get all back together,
except for the longer screws near the hinge and center of the back...  Those
longer screws came out with some sort of blue colored stuff on the ends, and
when re-inserted do not seem to screw into anything?  I also had the
difficulty of extra holes that seemed to want something in them...and had to
open the case back up at least once since I put screws in too early, and had
to open, remove the screws, then re-close the case to be able to put the
screws though holes from the outside of the case where they needed to go.

 I thought I had seen a series of disassembly pictures a year or two ago,
but could not find them this summer when I had time to do this.  Anyone know
where to find them?  As Stephen reports, separating the case pieces without
breaking too much of the plastic is a challenge.