[iBook] Re: OFF TOPIC: web site question

Mary H. maryh at brucetelecom.com
Sun Aug 6 15:32:14 PDT 2006

At 3:38 PM -0500 8/6/06, Tom Legare wrote:

>Google does not search all sites on the web....

It's true that Google does not index all of the pages on the Web, for
a variety of reasons.

>  only those sites that have
>paid extra with their hosting package to be searchable by Google.

But, there is no charge to have your website included in Google search results.

More on that here:
http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=39334&topic=8996
where it says:

"Please note that inclusion in Google's search results is free and
that our crawl process is completely automated; we don't accept
payment for inclusion in our index, nor do we manipulate search
results by hand."