[iBook] Re: OFF TOPIC: web site question

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Mon Aug 7 10:01:14 PDT 2006

How are you looking for yourself on Google?  I enter in your URL and
I see you, I copy 1 line from your website and you pop up.

I like the "advanced search" for google as it lets us see what pages
are linked to others and so on (lots of fun searches in there.)

Google and other search engines are only as good as what you search
with.  If you google "cheese" because you want to get to
www.neverheardofcheese.com, I bet its not going to be in the top 100
hits.  Also, the first few hits for google are usually "paid"
customers and thusly you can not be sure that they are the best match
for your search.  Learn more about "Meta" tags to improve your search
engine results.  Do keep in mind that not all search engines search
the same and while 1 method is good for Google, it might not be best
for Alta Vista or Yahoo or MSN.

Go into your website HTML and add key words for the search bots.