[iBook] Re: OFF TOPIC: web site question

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Fri Aug 11 09:05:07 PDT 2006

At 4:28 AM -0500, 8/7/06, Tom Legare wrote:

>With my particular hosting provider, I do have to pay extra and I
>can guarantee Google will not find it anyway.

Some hosting providers, unbeknownst their customers, put in the extra
code to NOT have Google search their web sites and then charge the
customers a fee to have Google index their pages. A bit of a scam but
most people would not figure it out.

>I think it depends on your hosting provider and how they have chosen
>to install the Google component on their servers.

There is no Google component, just the ability to have Google NOT
index based on your request.

--

Robert Ameeti

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.