[iBook] Installed security update now iBook will not boot

Robert Crawford robertc at clancrawford.us
Sat Aug 12 11:16:11 PDT 2006

I tried repair permissions. I also tried verify, from the OS dick, I got
"the underlying task has reported failure on exit (-9972)"

I then tried erase and a reinstall. It did not work. The erase seems to have
worked and the OS disk ran at normal speed after I did that. However, I got
the message The software can not be installed, please try again (something
like that). Now the iBook is back to running very slow as I try to open the
disk utility again.