[iBook] New (old) iBook

Carol-Lynn Hill hillseymour at kol.co.nz
Mon Aug 14 02:40:24 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am a Mac girl through and through and have only ever owned older iMacs but
have been given an old clamshell iBook (300MHz/3.2GB/32RAM).  I want to
upgrade it and put in a larger Hard Drive in it as I want to use it to store
and play my 30GB of MP3's through my stereo.  I would like ANY information
on how I replace the hard drive, where I can buy a cheap replacement drive,
and other advice on this process? Would I need to upgrade the RAM from the
tiny 64MB it presently has if I only intend to use it to run iTunes? I would
appreciate ANY information or links to valuable websites on the original
iBook.  Thanks for your time!  I hope I can learn a lot from you all.  I am
a member of an iMac email list and I enjoy offering my advice on that so
hope I can get some information from you.  THANKS Carolyn in NZ