[iBook] getting data off pulled iBook HD

Joy Freeman pagesbyjoy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 08:56:45 PDT 2006

Many thanks to Brian, Todd, Henry, and Mary. All gave good suggestions and I
especially like the looks of the Universal Drive Adapter--no enclosure
needed and it's so cheap! I'll ask my husband what he wants to do, but
considering we've got half a dozen old drives scattered around with unknown
contents, I think we'll probably go that route.

Thanks!
Joy

Mary H. (maryh at brucetelecom.com)wrote:

> At 10:04 AM -0500 8/16/06, Joy Freeman wrote:
>
>> We recently upgraded the original hard drive in a dual-USB iBook. It now
>> turns out the old drive wasn't properly backed up and we need to pull some
>> data from it. Short of cracking open the iBook again, what is our best bet
>> for bringing that drive up and getting the data?
>
> Universal Drive Adapter. (Me want one of these!)
> http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/06/08/adapter/index.php
> http://www.digitalproducer.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=51767

Joy Freeman
~ from manuscript to bound book ~
Editorial, Design, and Production Services
joy at pagesbyjoy.com