[iBook] Wireless printing

Peter Nevett nevett at tequis.com.mx
Sun Aug 20 09:58:46 PDT 2006

You're right, I didn't describe how the printer is connected, because
it is a bit complicated.
It is a Hewlet PackardLaserJet 2100M printer, of a respectable age. It
does not have a USB port so I use the AppleTalk connection, going
through a Farallon Ethernet iPrint Adapter (ethernet to Appletalk) so I
can use the ethernet port on either iBook if necessary.
The point is that the G4, running OSX and Airport Extreme, prints
perfectly through this system with the printer's ethernet cable
connected to ne of the ethernet ports on teh 2Wire 2700HG wireless
router. The G3, with OS 9 and Airport, does not even see the printer in
Chooser.

Any further ideas?

Pete