[iBook] What is more common to go wonky on a Clamshell: the power adapter or the power plug?

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Fri Aug 25 18:00:31 PDT 2006

Michelle, I would not confess to be anything approaching an expert on
such matters but in my experience of running into these around
schools in NZ, the most common fault was in the centre of the yo yo
where the covered wire goes into the centre piece. The constant
pulling on this at right angles as the yo yo is unwound , wound up
eventually causes breakage. It only takes one wire to go and you're
left with no charge.
Could you borrow another known working power supply (certain model
older Powerbooks would also do) just to see where the problem lies? I
have two here in NZ that get little use but I guess the cost of
sending one over and return would be too exorbitant for testing puposes?
Cheers

Kindest regards,
Howard Pettigrew
25 River Road