[iBook] RAM

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Mon Feb 13 18:21:31 PST 2006

Joe Roberts wrote:

> You have one RAM slot in your iBook.  You need to remove any RAM you
> have in there and install a 1 GB SO-DIMM module that is PC2100 or PC2700
> type RAM.  Make sure it is an SO-DIMM, as that is the laptop memory your
> iBook takes.  With the 128 MB built-in, you will have 1.12 GB under the
> hood.
>
> I did it to my laptop, and no problems whatsoever.

I was looking at one site
(http://macramdirect.com/ibook.html), just to see what's
out there, etc.

They have a note with the 1GB RAM that reads "800-933
models will NOT address 1GB modules". It sounds like
they've encountered people trying to do what I was
proposing, and they're highlighting some kind of
incompatibility. All the specs seem right, though. I guess
the only way to know would be to try one.

--

/  dave  /