[iBook] RAM

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Mon Feb 13 18:32:37 PST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 8:21 PM, / dave / wrote:

> Joe Roberts wrote:
>
>> You have one RAM slot in your iBook.  You need to remove any RAM
>> you have in there and install a 1 GB SO-DIMM module that is PC2100
>> or PC2700 type RAM.  Make sure it is an SO-DIMM, as that is the
>> laptop memory your iBook takes.  With the 128 MB built-in, you
>> will have 1.12 GB under the hood.
>> I did it to my laptop, and no problems whatsoever.
>
> I was looking at one site (http://macramdirect.com/ibook.html),
> just to see what's out there, etc.
>
> They have a note with the 1GB RAM that reads "800-933 models will
> NOT address 1GB modules". It sounds like they've encountered people
> trying to do what I was proposing, and they're highlighting some
> kind of incompatibility. All the specs seem right, though. I guess
> the only way to know would be to try one.

	I checked with the Germantown (Memphis) Apple Store and they told me
it was not compatible. The iBook G4 models introduced immediately
after the 800 MHz model could do it, but not the 800 MHz one.
	Oh well. 640 meg RAM allows me to do just about everything I need
anyway.  I ordered it that way from Apple, along with built-in
Airport Extreme and built-in Bluetooth for use with the Apple
Bluetooth mouse.

Gary
--
AIM, iChat: GaryJTN