[iBook] Keyboard repeat rate issue in classic

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Fri Feb 17 02:33:11 PST 2006

Two questions in one week...!

A friend with OS X/Tiger is using classic mode to run an
old version of Filemaker (long story).

For some reason he's getting repeating characters when he
types in Filemaker, i.e. six of the letter "a" when he
only wants one, etc. It's not happening at all in OS X,
just classic. And it doesn't matter if he plugs in a
different keyboard - it still happens.

Has anyone run into this, and/or heard of a solution? I've
done the exact same thing on my machine - run an old
version of Filemaker in classic mode, that is - and I've
never had the problem.

--

/  dave  /