[iBook] How far can I go into 10.x?

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Mon Feb 27 13:15:53 PST 2006

> I like 9.2.2.
> I'm comfortable with 9.2.2.
> But TurboTax wants 10.2.8 at least.

Unless you have a business or something equally gnarly, it isn't that hard to
do your taxes more or less by hand....

> 4) As an option, could I install 10.2+ on my external firewire HD? If
> so, how?

Yes: just plug in the drive, stick the install CD in, reboot, and tell it you want
to install on the external. That might give you the best of both worlds: boot
into OSX when you need to get your pictures or do taxes, drop back into 9.2
otherwise.

-- Larry