[iBook] Way to play MP3's slower?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at scruss.com
Tue Feb 28 19:56:01 PST 2006

Tom Legare wrote:
> Since we're having all this iTunes discussion lately.....
>
> Is there a way to make an MP3 song play SLOWER in iTunes? I have a 2-piano
> classical piece I'm trying to learn and the pros do it just about 300% too
> fast for me.... LOL

The Amazing Slow Downer from <http://www.ronimusic.com/> is recommended
by my banjo teacher, and the demo version seems to work. It's kinda
pricey, tho'.

If you're not too bothered about quality, there was a speed control
plugins for XMMS that was free. It did sounds awfully like you were
listening through a shop-vac, tho'.

cheers,
  Stewart
(ps: Hi Tom! I used to be a perlmonger, but now I design wind farms.)