[iBook] Help me help a friend

William Duquet skygram at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:16:51 PST 2006

Dear Jean-Paul,

Anyone who uses the word virii in a sentence deserves a reply from me. :-)

Apple iBOOKs purchased now will be supported for at least the next 5
years, after that they will be surpassed by superior technology of
some sort, be it Intel, or AMD or whatever.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that someone buy a current iBOOK.

I work as a PC consultant and I make my living and a good living at
that, as a result of the problems faced by PC flaws, whether it is a
badly designed bit of hardware or a crappy bit of driver code or the
usual whipping boy, Windows itself.

Obviously OS-X has its snags and headaches but nothing in comparison
with what happens in the evil empire.

It is too bad your friend cannot wait a bit longer as the G4 iBOOks
will most likely drop in price shortly before the new Intel ones come
out.

A Roman centurian walks into a bar and says, "Bartender.  Give me a
martinus."  The bartender says: "Don't you mean martini?"  The
Centurian replies: "If I want more than one, I'll order more than
one".

Sincerely,

Bill
Montreal