[iBook] iBook G4, freeze's up

Sean Finnegan sfinnegan at eircom.net
Sun Jan 1 06:14:35 PST 2006

Hello

     Shortly after buying an new iBook G4, it started to freeze up.

     It gave the following error message:
     You need to restart your computer, hold down the power button
for several seconds or press the restart the button. This message was
printed in four languages on a black background.

     It eventually completely froze up.

     The supplier of the iBook deleted everything off the hard drive
and reloaded the software.
     It operated ok for a short period, then the same problem
reoccurred.

     As I have Apple Care, I spoke to them, and they got me to carry
out a few tests. They then talked me through a delete and complete
reload of software.
     It worked ok for a short time, but the same problem has reoccurred.

     Would like the best advise to have this problem resolved.

     Regards

     Sean