[iBook] iTunes autofills

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Tue Jan 3 21:16:39 PST 2006

Not positive I understand your qn, but...

say you've got songs with the following genres:

'folk', 'acoustic', 'flk', 'folk rock'...

you can select multiple genres by holding <Apple> while clicking on the various
labels. You'll get a list of songs that are in any of the above genres.

Then you go to the songs, and select them all. Then do <Apple><i> (get
information). iTunes might warn you about editing multiple items. this is
because they have different genres. Select the genre and change it to 'folk'.

Important: make sure you don't change anything that's specific to a particular
song (eg. the title, artist, etc) otherwise you'll change it for every song
you've highlighted!

HTH,
-Gus