[iBook] Question about Apple Mail

May Hall tsaf at chibardun.net
Wed Jan 11 06:25:09 PST 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Eric Richardson wrote:

>> Go to Mail Preferences/Accounts and select your .Mac account. You
>> can edit your preferences for that account, there.
>>
>> May
>
> That's right, but, it doesn't allow the option to automatically
> delete messages retrieved to my computer from the .Mac account. Any
> idea how to do that?

In Mail Prefs, got to Accounts and select your .Mac account. Then
click the Advanced tab. Check Enable this account and Include when
automatically checking for new mail.
There is a pulldown menu for "Keep copies of messages for offline
viewing" Change this to Don't keep copies of any messages.

Under the Mailbox Behaviors tab, uncheck all of the checkboxes except
Trash/Move deleted messages to the Trash Mailbox.

Try this.

Also, if you want to delete any messages on the Server, you can click
on the little icon that looks like a star/flower at the bottom of the
Mailbox window, next to the + sign. At the bottom of that menu is Get
Info. Click on that and select your .mac account. You can delete
messages on the server, there.

May