[iBook] Re: Apple Announces Intel MacBook Pro

NM. outrun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:30:47 PST 2006

I'm excited about the new MacBook, but not the name. "MacBook" doesn't
seem to roll off the tongue like PowerBook does (did?) People have
told me that it was renamed out of respect for the PowerBooks, but I
have trouble seeing it that way. The PowerBook name has been in the
family for 16 years now, since October 1991 with the original
PowerBook 100. Since then, it has been on every portable (save the
beloved iBook) up until now. That includes the transition from 68k to
PPC, so why not PPC to x86?

First the Happy Mac on bootup, then the PowerPC chip, now the
PowerBook name ... what will become of it all? (^;

I sincerely hope they do not rename the iBook. If it becomes the
"iMacBook" I'm going to throw myself off a bridge!

Yours in sarcasm,
_nickm