[iBook] Virtual PC 6 on 1.2 Ghz iBook question

gooddog at interlync.com gooddog at interlync.com
Wed Jan 11 17:04:16 PST 2006

Folks;

I have a 1.2 Ghz iBook Power PC G4, with 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM with 24 GB
free hard drive space. However, my VPC6 seems to  be a bit pokey. It
started out fairly crisp for the first few months, then started to
slow down. I use only one Windows program, StoryView, a writing
program, which I like a lot. There's nothing else like it on the
market. If the guy who wrote it would write it for the Mac, the
problem would most likely be a moot point (the guy who wrote it says
he's a Mac guy).

I've tried to increase the memory allotment ,but it looks like I can
only increase the memory to 512MB. The Apple Genius guy seemed to
think it could go up to at least 1 GB or higher, but didn't know how
to do it.

Can anyone help? Is this possible? If so, how? Can anyone point me in
the right direction? I've read that the VPC 6.1 uprade doesn't work
with Tiger very well.  Has anyone heard if VPC 7 is any better?   Can
anyone please comment?

I am now considering a new, high-end MacBook when they come out so I
won't have to deal with this issue if it doesn't work on this iBook.
But, first I'd like to see if I can correct  the problem I have now.

Thanks for your time. Best,

Mark