[iBook] Installing OS9 on HD with OSX aleady

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 14:06:50 PST 2006

Greetings:

I finally(!) finished piecing together my first post-clamshell machine, in
iBook 500mhz, which I am on now. All in all I am pleased with my little 'book
(no more stares at the Apple Sto' when i whup out my 2400c or 5300c!)...

I have to admit, however, I am getting a little gun-shy about these
dual-usb's, considering the logic board problems; I was going to switch my wife from
her tangerine clamshell to one of these, but I think instead I will upgrade her
clamshell with a 466mhz mobo, if that is even possible.

Anyway, my question: my 500mhz iBook already has 10.3 installed on it; I now
wish to install classic OS on it also. Is there a way to do that? I have an
OS9.1 retail install disk, but when I try to install it with OSX running, it
tried to use the install disk as the source for classic instead of installing it.

Then, when I try to startup from the OS9.1 retail disk, it keeps giving me a
"bus error" when going thru the extension/ctrl panel loading.

Help is appreciated in advance, thanks,

Craig W.