[iBook] Battery reverts to 2001

James Paul Manley listmonger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 10:26:14 PDT 2006

I just checked and all ibooks don't have a back-up battery.

  I got this off a web site.  Try zapping the pram as follows:

You zap the PRAM by holding down the Command, Option, P and R keys
during start-up. Hold down these keys until the Mac restarts the
second time. Some problems we have had in the office did not go away
until we held down the keys for ten or so restarts, although this is
unusual. Tech Tools by Micromat Computer Systems is an excellent
maintenance tool which includes a utility for zapping the PRAM
superior to the key holding procedure described above. If zapping the
PRAM doesn’t seem to help, you may need to replace the battery that
maintains the PRAM. Refer to your owners manual for your specific
model for information on what battery to use and where it is located.
Zapping the PRAM and resetting your control panel devices is the
prescribed treatment for these ailments. You may also wish to do it
monthly, just as a maintenance routine.

---
James Paul Manley
Albuquerque, New Mexico