[iBook] [Off-topic] Hosting a wiki on Apple's iDisk?

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 13:37:28 PDT 2006

Hi,

I found a solution which is *great*. Will work for people on MacOS X
and WindowsXP systems, but not on Linux such as me (Debian at work,
Macs at home). It won't work on Linux unless someone tells me how to
mount Apple's iDisk as a network drive on a Linux system...

So this incredible solution is:
http://shared.snapgrid.com/index.html
A file-based wiki extremely easy to edit and manage. It works
flawlessly when saved on Apple's iDisk (using file: in the browser,
not http://, otherwise you won't be able to save). Try it! :-)

> Have you looked at http://www.backpackit.com/

Thanks Bart, looks good even if the free version is somewhat limited.

Alex :-)