[iBook] Can I shop for iBook PC2700 RAM from non-Apple vendors?

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 7 10:28:22 PDT 2006

I would be very leery about buying generic PC memory.

It might work or might not.

Are you saving that much buying it off ebay instead of an online
retailer?

I bought the 1 GB upgrade for my ibook from MemoryX.

 From the Memoryx website--  1GB Apple PowerBook G4/iBook PC2100 DDR
SODIMM (p/n MX-M9283G/A) $129.98

They have great service and I have never had any problems.

As a matter of fact the first stick they gave me made my ibook crash
so they gave me a replacement without any hassles.

Brian

iBook G4 1.33 GHz 1.25 GB RAM