[iBook] Can I shop for iBook PC2700 RAM from non-Apple vendors?

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 8 09:11:44 PDT 2006

On 6/8/06 7:03 AM, "Larry Kollar" <kollar at alltel.net> wrote:

>> Since we're handing out kudos to memory retailers, I've got to give
>> my support to Data Memory Systems.
>
> My turn. ;-)
>
> I've ordered from Coast to Coast Memory (1-800-4-MEMORY) several
> times & never had a problem. The order takers can make sure you have
> the right memory type if you tell them what kind of Mac you have;
> that saved me some hassle once when I picked my stick off the wrong
> line.
>
> --
> Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t

And now my turn. Since there are a certain percent of Ram chips that will
turn out to be bad, I've occasionally been able to get a best price on line,
then take that to my local retailer and challenge him to match it. If they
do, you get two benefits: instant gratification, plus the ability to whip
out your book, install the chip and verify that it works right on the spot.
This happened to me at a CompUSA once­­when the first chip they handed me
failed to work, they brought out a second one, I tried that one, it worked,
and life was good again.

Brian