[iBook] Water Worked...but...

Brian Pearce brpearce at optonline.net
Tue Jun 20 19:26:06 PDT 2006

> Thanks to you the H2O soaked off the label and I've cleaned it up.
> Now, another problem...it will play fine in my portable CD player,
> but not the computer.  It stops during the first piece and just
> won't go on.  I know nothing about this, but would still like to
> download it/ copy it for my friend.  The player has an line out
> jack, so is it possible to somehow move it from that player to my
> iBook or iMac?

Assuming there's some flaw in the physical disk that's causing these
problems, have you tried making a duplicate disk image using Disk
Utility? You could make a copy from that, and probably even import
the tracks into iTunes once it's mounted on the desktop.

BRIAN PEARCE
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"