[iBook] OS install on new HD

james Manley listmonger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 11:40:38 PDT 2006

I would be distrustful too. Very strange. But this doesn't sunrise me.
All of his problems are intermittent and that points to the logic
board being defective.
---
James Paul Manley
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Jim Manley's Photoshop Elements Page
http://www.geocities.com/jim_p_manley/index.html

On Jun 25, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Joy Freeman wrote:

Thanks, Jim and Tom, for your ideas. The logic board is a good suspect. He
had his replaced last year, but I know of many people who had one fail after
another.

The diagnostic CD checked out fine. But still no go. Then he left for a
couple of hours and came back and, before I had a chance to pass on Tom's
suggestion for verbose start-up, he hit the power key and it started up.
It's been running okay ever since. He's reloading software now. He's a bit
distrustful of it, though.

James Paul Manley (listmonger at gmail.com)wrote:

Hi Joy, I was going to suspect the CD drive but after reading your
husband's report I am more inclined to suspect the logic board. I
would have it checked. Also have him run the diagnostic CD that came
with the Ibook.