[iBook] Help me help a friend

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Wed Mar 1 04:07:09 PST 2006

Is she sure she wants a laptop? A 20" Intel iMac costs $1700 before any
upgrades. Bringing it up to 1GB of memory equals a cost of $1800 plus tax
and free shipping. That would be a pretty sweet machine.

The other options are a 14" iBook (not bad) or a 12" Powerbook (screen may
be small for a newbie that isn't a road warrior).

I would avoid a Windows machine unless she has someone babysitting the
machine for her.

Tom