[iBook] uh-oh

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Sat Mar 4 20:05:30 PST 2006

William Duquet on 3/4/06 10:33 PM wrote:

> Hi Jim!
>
> I went to the page of the link you supplied and it would appear that
> the extension ended March 18, 2005 or did I read it incorrectly?
>
> Bill

Well, yes & no. James didn't indicate what his processor speed was so I
can't say for sure if he qualifies.

Per the info on the linked page, the Repair Extension ends on 3/18/05 OR 3
years from the date the iBook was sold. If you have a 500/600MHz iBook it's
too late. If it a 700/800MHz, then maybe (sold from May 2002 thru October
2003). If it's 900MHz then the chances are excellent (sold from April 2003
thru October 2003).

You'll have to contact Apple to determine the iBooks sale date based on
serial number and if it qualifies. Also, you don't have to be the original
owner.

-Mark