[iBook] Type-able PDFs

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Mon Mar 6 16:27:05 PST 2006

Jim Manley wrote:

> The IRS has a PDF that you can type on & print it out.
>
> http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040ez.pdf
>
> How does one make PDFs that have this option?

You need an appliation that supports the creation of PDF forms. As
another lister pointed out, you can do this with Acrobat
Professional. Some versions of Word (I think) support it as well, but
I'm not sure how easy it is to use. You can also do it with (the
abandoned, Classic-only) Adobe FrameMaker but it's not simple.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."