[iBook] Mouse pad not working

Robert Crawford robertc at clancrawford.us
Sun Mar 12 09:45:19 PST 2006

This condition is with a 600mhz 14" ibook.

It happened about a month ago and I have been using an external mouse since.
The mouse pad has stopped working. If I do not plug the external mouse in
the pointer stays at the upper left of the screen. If I unplug the mouse the
it stays where it was when I unplugged it, it does not respond to the mouse
pad.

This condition started suddenly. When it first happened I was turning it on.
At the time I suspected that it was a software relater issue. However, at
this point I can not remember why I though that.