[iBook] Apple Care benefits?

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Thu Mar 23 07:20:14 PST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Laura Bruce wrote:

> Hi there. It is coming up on the anniversary of my iBook purchase,
> and hence, the deadline to purchase Apple Care. My iBook has been
> trouble-free, and now I am wondering if I should bother.
>
> Would love to hear the pros and cons re same.

	I have bought AppleCare for every Mac product. It has paid off
handsomely.
	For one thing, extended AppleCare also includes phone support and
that was often all I needed to get something working right again.
Without AppleCare, each phone call would cost a great deal per call.
My G3 iMac is still working going into its fifth year because of
AppleCare service it got during it's first three years of life,
including a new video board. Broken clasps on my iBook G3 were
covered by AppleCare and before that a new hard drive  on my
clamshell iBook.
	I even have the two-year AppleCare on my iPod mini.

Gary