[iBook] Battery/Charger problem

Kevin Avery kevin at suburbanmouse.com
Wed May 3 20:21:36 PDT 2006

For dual usb iBooks you need a 2.5mm, 3 conductor jack, for older
ibooks you need a 3.5mm, 3 conductor plug. they are wired like the
diagram at this site;
http://www.faqintosh.com/risorse/en/guides/hw/ibook/pjack/

I can't find the part number of the one I bought from Radio Shack, it
looks like they don't have it any longer. The one I bought is similar
to this one;
http://shop.vetcosurplus.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6828

Like I said there is no light on the plug after the fix, nor is the
metal collar present, but it was a cheap, easy fix. That iBook since
died, out of warranty, from the dreaded logic board failure so now I
am using that charger as a backup charger for my iBook G4.

Good luck!

Kevin