[iBook] Blueberry iBook + no sound

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Fri May 5 07:33:17 PDT 2006

I'm afraid I've no experience with the internals, so I couldn't say.
My thought that it's a connector problem is based on the symptoms,
which closely parallel what often happens with other audible
electronics.

Another advantage to the iMic, I should point out, is a much improved
sound quality, offering 48.0 khz against the iBook's 44.1 khz.

Tony

On 5-May-06, at 8:31 AM, NM. wrote:

> Sounds like a loose physical connection of some sort, but rather than
> go through the risky hassle of disassembling the iBook, you could
> always replace the sound inexpensively with a Griffin iMic (http://
> www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic2/).  I've used it for a while
> now, and it's great!
>
> Tony
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.
> Where are the sound connector thingies? Are they hard to access?
>
> _nickm

> stuff:

---
iBook G4/1.42GHz/1GB/OSX.4.6