[iBook] Thanks for everyones help

Steve Stuckwisch sstuckwisch at charter.net
Fri May 26 15:58:10 PDT 2006

Last Friday (May 19) I posted a note about a backlight problem I was
having with my 500 MHz iBook.  Several persons correctly determined
the problem and gave the part (and where to get it) that needed to be
replaced.

I just finished replacing the "cable with reed switch" (I only had to
disassemble the iBook twice while putting it back together to correct
mistakes).  The backlight now works with the screen at all angles!  I
also upgraded the 10 MB drive to 40 while at it.  Total cost
including the drive:  $70 plus shipping.

I do not need to throw the old iBook away and my daughter has a
useable laptop.  Thanks for everyones help - a great group.

Steve Stuckwisch