[iBook] Dual USB G3 iBook 500mHz/640MB RAM/10GB HD -- Tiger or Panther?

SKYGRAM skygram at gmail.com
Tue May 30 12:17:43 PDT 2006

Steve,

I help a variety of my friends with their computers. I'm a PC techie
and like any smart PC techie I use a Mac.

Lately I have set up three Dual USB 500mhz iBooks with Tiger and I
have found the the problem comes down to the fact that the 10gig hard
drive is too small. So I have re-installed Panther on these systems.
Using Tiger they become too hinky.

Tiger with just a few basic apps takes up a lot of room on a small
hard drive. Once these computers have more elbow room they work very
well.

So either stick with Panther or get a larger drive.

Just my opinion. For what its worth.

Bill