[iBook] Troubled iBook

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Tue May 30 12:46:27 PDT 2006

There's a known problem which is a little like this, which
I'll just mention.  Sometimes the lid doesn't close
properly, and the computer gets a signal to come out of sleep
before it has fully processed going into sleep.  The same
thing can happen when when you close the lid then right
away open it again.  Maybe your lid latch is wearing out?
You could check this by closing it and holding it shut or
putting a heavy book on it for a while, then reopen the lid
to bring it out of sleep.  If there's no problem doing this,
then maybe one issue is the lid latch.

Also, when you open the lid, is the screen really black, or
if you look very closely at it can you see the display as
though the backlight and the reflectance are not working?

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Kenny Feder wrote:

> My son's G4 iBook is behaving very strangely and I'm trying to figure out if
> it's more likely a hardware or a software problem. When he shuts the lid of
> his laptop it goes to sleep but when he opens the lid up, it only sometimes
> wakes up. Sometimes it refuses to wake up, other times it has turned itself
> off (and it's certainly not configured to do that). In any event, when he
 . . .