[iBook] Upgrading to MacBook

Kevin Avery kevin at suburbanmouse.com
Tue May 30 20:43:57 PDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 9:50 PM, Stan Marks wrote:

> on 5/30/06 9:39 PM, Angus Wallace at angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stan,
>>
>> You should be able to de-autherise your current ibook before you
>> get rid of it
>> - then you can autherise your new computer, and use the same songs
>> on it.
>>
>> Burning them to a cd and reimporting them is undesirable - because
>> the sound
>> quality will detiorate.
>>
>> In iTunes, you need to go into Advanced -> Deauthorise Computer.
>> This will
>> mean that you can no longer play the copy protected songs on your
>> iBook. When
>> you get your new MacBook, copy the songs over, and authorise it.
>> You should be
>> set to go!
>
> Hey, thanks, Gus! I'd totally forgotten about the de-authorizing /
> re-authorizing thing. :)
>
> Now, all I need is for someone to come up with a quick and easy way to
> transfer the contents of this iBook to the new MacBook, and I'm
> good to go!
> :)
>
> Stan

When you have reached your 5 authorized computers in iTunes a new
option shows up under the iTunes Account  Information window that
allows you to "de-authorize all". If you were to do that you would be
de-authorizing all of the old failed logic boards as well. See the
support info here;
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/musicstore/authorization/

good luck!

Kevin