[iBook] Trackpad button sticking

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 7 11:50:02 PDT 2006

Suddenly, the trackpad on my wife's dual USB 600 G3 iBook is sticking. She
clicks on something, drags it, and when she lets up the button, or clicks
again, the "button won't let go." No matter what she does it keeps dragging
the item wherever she moves the cursor. The only way she can make it "let
go" is to smack the button sharply. We've had this iBook since it was new
about 5 years ago, and have never seen this before. There haven't been any
software updates recently that could have caused it because she's till back
in Jaguar. I also couldn't find anything on the Apple support site, but
maybe I'm just not searching correctly. Any ideas?

TIA,
Brian