[iBook] Help! The volume for iDisk cannot be found

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Wed Sep 6 23:59:01 PDT 2006

Somewhere along the line, my iBook running X.4.7 stopped being able to
access the iDisk. I continually get the message "The volume for 'iDisk'
cannot be found." if the sync is off in System Preferences/.mac or the
message, when syncing is on that the folder cannot be accessed unless my
computer is connected to the internet, which of course it is.

I checked Apple's KnowledgeBase and they had two suggestions, of
deleting the account info and putting it back again in System
Preferences/.mac and using keychain access/keychain first aid to repair
my keychain, neither of which helped. They also suggested deleting the
iDisk icon from the sidebar and putting it back, and suggested
restarting the computer and waiting ten minutes to try again. Didn't
work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric Richardson