[iBook] Hot-swapping batteries?

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Mon Sep 11 12:12:28 PDT 2006

Larry, in my work with schools where we get a large number of iBooks
through hotel charity funding, something I find people forget or
don't know to do relating to the battery / new machines (even though
it is in the manual), is that you need to fully charge the battery
then completely flatten it, i.e. past the 10 minute warning until it
completely dies, so that the battery fuel gauge reads correctly. This
needs to be done only the once but it should be done when then the
battery is new. I don't know how this is affected if you replace the
battery while the machine is on the fly. I would be erring on the
side of caution and shutting down. Not doing this will not affect the
life of the battery but just the reading of the amount of battery
life remaining.
Hope this is of interest
Cheers
H in NZ