[iBook] DiskWarrior Not Being Read By iBook

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Tue Sep 26 08:38:32 PDT 2006

I am trying to run DiskWarrior (3.0.3 version for Tiger) on my iBook
G3 900, OS 10.4.7. My built-in CD drive is not working correctly, so
I'm trying to run DW off my external Firewire CD drive (EZQuest).
Each time, while holding down the "C" key on a restart, the computer
starts up normally, ignoring the DiskWarrior. Once fully booted, a
window pops up stating, "The disk could not be read by this
computer". Yet, I ran DiskWarrior off the external drive last month
and when I insert the DW CD without trying to restart the iBook, it
reads it just fine. I need the DW CD as the start-up disk, however in
order to run it.

I AM able to start up using the Installation and Hardware Test disks,
so the "C" for starting off a different drive is working fine. I have
also run Disk First Aid utility off both my hard drive and the
Installation disk. The Hardware Test disk says everything is OK.

I have run this version of DiskWarrior using this CD on the external
CD drive four times previously with no problems and had secured it
from Alsoft in July 2005 when the previous version would not start up
10.4.x which I had upgraded last year.

What am I missing? Suggestions?

TIA,
Fred